Mode of Implementation of Research & Extension activities
- The Society is involved in different data generation activities including trials on adoption of new Agril. Technologies to develop farmers economy AND to strengthen LIVELY HOOD support system
- The society acts in close association & collaboration with Agriculture Department, NABARD, Agricultural University, KVK, ICAR and other International organizations like International Potato Centre, International Rice Research Institute, CYMMIT .
- The Society has been working with an aim to Conduct trials & Demonstration on modern technology/ new crops/cropping sequence & new varieties of Rice, Potato, Wheat, Maize and other crops
- To conduct cluster Demonstration under BGREI/NFSM/NMOOP in farmers group approach in collaboration with different stake holders of Agriculture & alllied sectors
- To promote the formation of Farmers club/FIGs/FPOs and to build up this capacity to act as facilitator to drip down the benefit of various International Organizations, Government & Public-Private sponsored projects & Schemes among the farming people in rural areas.
- To help farmers to produce, market & sale of their own produces in specific brands including agriculture inputs like Bio agents/seeds/herbal plant protection inputs/Organic manures.
- Promotion of new technology like potato seed production under low cost temporary net houses in North Bengal,Raising seedlings through Micro pot,System of Assured Rice Production in Kharif [SARP (K)],System of Assured Rice Production in Boro (SARP (Boro),Zero Tillage in Maize,other resource conservation technology & strategies for assured and increased production through Climate-Resilient Cultivation technique in collaboration with Dept. of Agriculture and Horticulture.
- Production of Vegetable crops through Good Agriculture Practice (GAP) & gradually converting the same in organic farming and to develop marketing channel with the introduction of Organic Stall concept by cluster approach.